January 18, 2021
Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) Governor Benjamin Diokno has designated BSP Deputy Governor Francisco Dakila, Jr. as officer-in-charge of the BSP while he recovers from a medical procedure performed Sunday.
Diokno on medical leave after undergoing a successful procedure to address a blood clot caused by a minor head accident.
According to his medical report, prognosis for Diokno’s complete recovery is “very good” as he was awake and conversant an hour after the procedure. He is expected to be discharged from the hospital in four to five days and is anticipated to return to work subsequently.
Diokno, in a message to the Monetary Board and BSP staff, said “The procedure went well and I’m now on my way to recovery. Meanwhile, I’m designating Francis Dakila as OIC BSP Governor while I’m recuperating.”
The BSP remains focused in promoting price stability, financial system stability and an efficient payment system.
- CDC COVID-19 RT-PCR TO BE PHASED OUT AFTER THE END OF THE YEAR
- COVID 19: WAR AGAINST THE INVISIBLE ENEMY
- LAMBDA INCLUDED IN THE LIST OF VARIANTS UNDER INVESTIGATION
- ENGLAND TO SCRAP COVID-19 LOCKDOWN RULES
- THE STORY ABOUT COVID-19 ORIGIN, TESTS, VACCINES AND POSSIBLE MEDICINE (IVERMECTIN)
- COVID-19 VACCINE SEVERE SIDE EFFECTS AND DEATHS ARE RARE BUT EXPECTED
- CHINA’S COVID-19 COVER-UP