October 25, 2017
The Philippine peso closed at P51.77 against the US dollar, down by 23 centavos from the previous day to an 11-year low on Wednesday.
The peso touched these levels on August 4, 2006 when it finished at P51.638.
Volume at the Philippine Dealing System reached $773 million from Tuesday's P551 million.
The Philippine Stock Exchange index closed 23.43 points higher to 8,303.35. In the broader market, there were 107 decliners, 91 gainers and 39 issues unchanged.
Volume reached 1.226 million shares worth P5.91 billion. Foreigners were net sellers. with P3.45 sold compared to P2.76 billion bought.
Most of the main index movers like Banco de Oro Unibank, Metrobank and Ayala Corp. were lower but Ayala Corp., SM Prime and SM Investment Corp. were some of the shares that pulled the index higher, snapping a three-day decline. DMS
- US STATES BANNING ABORTION A VICTORY FOR CONSERVATIVE or A LOST OF WOMEN’S RIGHT
- WHO: MASS VACCINATION NOT REQUIRED FOR MONKEYPOX AT THIS TIME
- GEORGE SOROS AS UKRAINE PUPPET MASTER
- WILL MONKEYPOX BE DECLARED AS AN ‘Emergency of International Concern’ BY WHO
- WHO RUN THE WORLD? BLACKROCK?
- WAR WITH RUSSIA: US MAINSTREAM MEDIA, SELECTIVE & MISLEADING? – STEPHEN COHEN
- BILL GATES THE BIGGEST FUNDER OF WHO DR VANDAN SHIVA