May 22, 2020
The Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) closed lower on Friday.
The peso settled at P50.7 against the US dollar from P50.61 on Thursday. Volume at the foreign exchange portal of the Bankers Association of the Philippines reached $675.1 million from $778.6 million on the previous day.
The PSE index finished at 5,539.19 points, down 65.30. In the broader market, there were 125 losers, 49 gainers and 44 unchanged.
Volume reached 501.94 million shares worth P4.03 billion from Thursday's 450.18 million shares valued at P4.73 billion,
Most active shares were led by BDO, down P2.40 to P89.60; SM Investment Corp., up P7 to P828; Ayala Land, down P1.15 to P30.90 and Globe Telecom, down P38 to P2,232.
Meanwhile, the PSE said Merrymart Consumer Corp's initial public offering price is P1.00 per share.
There will be no trading on Monday due to Eid'l Fitr, a national holiday. Trading will resume Tuesday. DMS
- Japanese artist takes root in the Philippines; explores folk spiritual practices
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep03
- One Pen Project
- Filipinos can now learn Nihonggo and Japanese culture in Magsaysay Human Language Institute
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep02
- UPDATE: On the return of Filipinos from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China
- 30 Filipino repatriates from n-Cov-hit Wuhan City, Hubei province return home, quarantine