Stock index ends at year’s high, peso at P51.355:$1
August 17, 2017
The Philippine Stock Exchange index closed at its highest level for the year, finishing at 8,072.75, up by 26.16 points on Thursday after the economy grew at 6.5 percent.
The index's all-time high is 8,1 27.48 logged during April 10, 2015.
Volume reached 1.17 billion shares valued at P6.31 billion. Foreigners were net buyers, purchasing P3.4 billion and selling P3.04 billion.
In the broader market, there were 111 gainers, 77 decliners.
Banking shares led the most active stocks, led by BDO Unibank, up 1.4 percent to P130.60 and Security Bank, up 2.35 percent to P261.
The peso closed at P51.355 against the US dollar, an 11-year low from Wednesday's P51. 35. It was the currency's lowest since August 17, 2006 when it was at P51,336. DMS
- US STATES BANNING ABORTION A VICTORY FOR CONSERVATIVE or A LOST OF WOMEN’S RIGHT
- WHO: MASS VACCINATION NOT REQUIRED FOR MONKEYPOX AT THIS TIME
- GEORGE SOROS AS UKRAINE PUPPET MASTER
- WILL MONKEYPOX BE DECLARED AS AN ‘Emergency of International Concern’ BY WHO
- WHO RUN THE WORLD? BLACKROCK?
- WAR WITH RUSSIA: US MAINSTREAM MEDIA, SELECTIVE & MISLEADING? – STEPHEN COHEN
- BILL GATES THE BIGGEST FUNDER OF WHO DR VANDAN SHIVA