Stocks flat, peso rebounds to P51.25:$1
August 22, 2017
Stocks ended flat on Tuesday, as the Philippine Stock Exchange index finished at 8,015.93 points, down 0.80 points.
In the broader market, there were 111 decliners, 77 gainers and 55 unchanged.
Volume reached 921.4 million worth P6.12 billion. Foreigners were net buyers, purchasing P3.39 billion compared to selling of P3.38 billion.
Universal Robina Corp. led the most active shares, gaining 0.67 percent to P151.
The peso hit a low of P51.50 against the US dollar but closed at P51.25. The peso closed at P51.49 on Friday. The markets were closed Monday due to a holiday.
Volume settled at $569.2 million from Friday's $1.006 billion at the Philippine Dealing System. DMS
- US STATES BANNING ABORTION A VICTORY FOR CONSERVATIVE or A LOST OF WOMEN’S RIGHT
- WHO: MASS VACCINATION NOT REQUIRED FOR MONKEYPOX AT THIS TIME
- GEORGE SOROS AS UKRAINE PUPPET MASTER
- WILL MONKEYPOX BE DECLARED AS AN ‘Emergency of International Concern’ BY WHO
- WHO RUN THE WORLD? BLACKROCK?
- WAR WITH RUSSIA: US MAINSTREAM MEDIA, SELECTIVE & MISLEADING? – STEPHEN COHEN
- BILL GATES THE BIGGEST FUNDER OF WHO DR VANDAN SHIVA