October 30, 2017
Stocks closed higher on Monday ahead of a two-day holiday.
The Philippine Stock Exchange index ended 69.31 points higher to 8,365.26. In the broader market, there were 96 gainers, 87 decliners and 58 issues unchanged.
Volume reached 730 million shares worth P6.65 billion. Foreigners were net sellers with P2.54 billion sold compared to P2.39 billion bought.
Among most traded shares, Phoenix Petroleum gained 0.70 percent to P 11.50. SSI Group Inc signed an agreement to sell its shares of Family Mart to Phoenix Petroleum.
PLDT rose 1.85 percent to P1,710. The telecommunications company said it will spend P 7 billion on a new Trans-Pacific cable to strengthen connections with Japan and the United States.
The peso closed at P51.61 against the US dollar from P51.76 on Friday. Volume at the Philippine Dealing System reached $421.80 million from $629.50 million. DMS
- US STATES BANNING ABORTION A VICTORY FOR CONSERVATIVE or A LOST OF WOMEN’S RIGHT
- WHO: MASS VACCINATION NOT REQUIRED FOR MONKEYPOX AT THIS TIME
- GEORGE SOROS AS UKRAINE PUPPET MASTER
- WILL MONKEYPOX BE DECLARED AS AN ‘Emergency of International Concern’ BY WHO
- WHO RUN THE WORLD? BLACKROCK?
- WAR WITH RUSSIA: US MAINSTREAM MEDIA, SELECTIVE & MISLEADING? – STEPHEN COHEN
- BILL GATES THE BIGGEST FUNDER OF WHO DR VANDAN SHIVA