Stocks, peso gain after Trump inaugural
January 23, 2017
Stocks and the peso gained on Monday following the inaugural of President Donald Trump.
The Philippine Stock Exchange index surged nearly two percent despite slightly higher foreign selling. The index closed at 7,374.35 points, up 141.69 points.
Volume reached 1.22 billion shares worth P5.61 billion Foreign selling amounted to P2.68 billion compared to P2.54 billion foreign buying.
The peso closed at P49.87 against the US dollar with volume reaching $513 million at the Philippine Dealing System. On Friday, the peso closed at P49.92 with volume hitting $716.7 million. DMS
- US STATES BANNING ABORTION A VICTORY FOR CONSERVATIVE or A LOST OF WOMEN’S RIGHT
- WHO: MASS VACCINATION NOT REQUIRED FOR MONKEYPOX AT THIS TIME
- GEORGE SOROS AS UKRAINE PUPPET MASTER
- WILL MONKEYPOX BE DECLARED AS AN ‘Emergency of International Concern’ BY WHO
- WHO RUN THE WORLD? BLACKROCK?
- WAR WITH RUSSIA: US MAINSTREAM MEDIA, SELECTIVE & MISLEADING? – STEPHEN COHEN
- BILL GATES THE BIGGEST FUNDER OF WHO DR VANDAN SHIVA