August 16, 2017
TOKYO-The organizing committee for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics and Paralympics said Tuesday that it has received a total of 2,042 applications in a campaign to solicit ideas for official mascots for the quadrennial sporting events.
Applications were accepted until noon Monday (3 a.m. GMT).
After multiple screenings, the committee will announce the official mascots by early February next year. The selection process will kick off on Aug. 22.
Individual applicants accounted for 1,774 of the total, and applications from groups for 268.Jiji Press
- GEORGE SOROS BLASTED THE U S FOR SUPPORTING ISRAEL ON NOT WORKING WITH HAMAS
- WIKILEAKS REVELATIONS SHOW U S ‘IGNORED’ TORTURE FROM THE WAR IN IRAQ
- THE ROOTS OF THE ISRAEL PALESTINE CONFLICT
- TUCKER CARLSON QUESTIONS U.S SUPPORT FOR ISRAEL WAR
- RFK Jr TO RUN FOR PRESIDENT AS INDEPENDENT, DECLARING INDEPENDENCE FROM THE TWO POLITICAL PARTIES
- JAPANESE VIROLOGIST SAYS OMICRON MAY HAVE BEEN MANUFACTURED
- JAPANESE VIEW & FILIPINO BEAUTY