October 20, 2017
TOKYO- Japanese Defense Minister Itsunori Onodera said Friday he will visit the Philippines for four days from Sunday.
On Tuesday, he will attend a meeting of defense chiefs from Association of Southeast Asian Nations member states and dialogue partner countries.
To discuss responses to North Korea's nuclear and missile provocations, Onodera will meet separately with US Defense Secretary James Mattis and South Korean Defense Minister Song Young-moo and also hold talks of the three.
"Cooperation among Japan, the United States and South Korea is very important," Onodera told a press conference. "We'll respond properly to the North Korean situation."
Onodera also said he hopes to exchange opinions with his respective Russian and Chinese counterparts, Sergei Shoigu and Chang Wanquan, during his stay in the Philippines.
In Manila, Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana welcomed the scheduled visit of Onodera.
Lorenzana said Onodera will be attending the meeting of defense chiefs from ASEAN and its dialogue partners in Clark, Pampanga. Jiji Press With Robina Asido/DMS
- US STATES BANNING ABORTION A VICTORY FOR CONSERVATIVE or A LOST OF WOMEN’S RIGHT
- WHO: MASS VACCINATION NOT REQUIRED FOR MONKEYPOX AT THIS TIME
- GEORGE SOROS AS UKRAINE PUPPET MASTER
- WILL MONKEYPOX BE DECLARED AS AN ‘Emergency of International Concern’ BY WHO
- WHO RUN THE WORLD? BLACKROCK?
- WAR WITH RUSSIA: US MAINSTREAM MEDIA, SELECTIVE & MISLEADING? – STEPHEN COHEN
- BILL GATES THE BIGGEST FUNDER OF WHO DR VANDAN SHIVA