February 24, 2017
TOKYO- Sony Pictures Entertainment (Japan) Inc. and major Japanese trading house Mitsui & Co. said Thursday they will integrate their animation program broadcasting business.
Through the integration, the Sony Corp. group company and Mitsui will aim to win program orders from television networks on better terms and strengthen their business base ahead of their possible launch of online anime program distribution and foreign expansion.
The two firms plan to jointly set up a holding company, to be called AK Holdings, and put Sony Pictures’ Animax Broadcast Japan Inc. unit and Mitsui’s Kids Station Inc. under its wing at the end of March.
Sony Pictures will own more than half of AK Holdings, with Animax President Masao Takiyama going to head the holding firm.
Animax has some 8.6 million household subscribers in Japan and Kids Station some 8.1 million. (Jiji Press)
- US STATES BANNING ABORTION A VICTORY FOR CONSERVATIVE or A LOST OF WOMEN’S RIGHT
- WHO: MASS VACCINATION NOT REQUIRED FOR MONKEYPOX AT THIS TIME
- GEORGE SOROS AS UKRAINE PUPPET MASTER
- WILL MONKEYPOX BE DECLARED AS AN ‘Emergency of International Concern’ BY WHO
- WHO RUN THE WORLD? BLACKROCK?
- WAR WITH RUSSIA: US MAINSTREAM MEDIA, SELECTIVE & MISLEADING? – STEPHEN COHEN
- BILL GATES THE BIGGEST FUNDER OF WHO DR VANDAN SHIVA