March 25, 2020
Tokyo--The number of people with the new coronavirus in Tokyo became the largest among Japan's 47 prefectures on Tuesday.
The Tokyo metropolitan government reported 17 new confirmed cases, with the total in the Japanese capital rising to 171, surpassing the previously highest figure, seen in the northern prefecture of Hokkaido.
Among infected people in Tokyo, a man in his 70s died on Tuesday, bringing the country's coronavirus death toll to 53, including former passengers of the virus-hit Diamond Princess cruise ship.
At a press conference on Monday, Tokyo Governor Yuriko Koike mentioned the possibility of the city's lockdown, depending on the situation.
Meanwhile, a metropolitan official said, "Although the number of confirmed cases is increasing, we've been able to track down infection routes to some extent."
Also on Tuesday, coronavirus infection was confirmed in eight people in Osaka Prefecture, seven in Saitama Prefecture, six in Kanagawa Prefecture, and five each in Ibaraki and Hyogo prefectures. Jiji Press
- US STATES BANNING ABORTION A VICTORY FOR CONSERVATIVE or A LOST OF WOMEN’S RIGHT
- WHO: MASS VACCINATION NOT REQUIRED FOR MONKEYPOX AT THIS TIME
- GEORGE SOROS AS UKRAINE PUPPET MASTER
- WILL MONKEYPOX BE DECLARED AS AN ‘Emergency of International Concern’ BY WHO
- WHO RUN THE WORLD? BLACKROCK?
- WAR WITH RUSSIA: US MAINSTREAM MEDIA, SELECTIVE & MISLEADING? – STEPHEN COHEN
- BILL GATES THE BIGGEST FUNDER OF WHO DR VANDAN SHIVA