June 7, 2017
NAHA, OKINAWA PREF.- A US Marine Corps MV-22 Osprey tilt-rotor transport aircraft made a preventive landing Tuesday night in the southernmost Japan prefecture of Okinawa, the Japanese Defense Ministry said Wednesday.
The Osprey made the landing at the US military's auxiliary airfield on the island of Iejima, west of the northern part of Okinawa's main island, after a cockpit warning light came on, the ministry's Okinawa Defense Bureau said.
No injuries have been reported. The Osprey is expected to return to the Marine Corps' Futenmma air station in the Okinawa city of Ginowan once safety is confirmed.
The defense bureau called on the US side to investigate the cause of the incident and prevent any recurrence. (Jiji Press)
- GEORGE SOROS BLASTED THE U S FOR SUPPORTING ISRAEL ON NOT WORKING WITH HAMAS
- WIKILEAKS REVELATIONS SHOW U S ‘IGNORED’ TORTURE FROM THE WAR IN IRAQ
- THE ROOTS OF THE ISRAEL PALESTINE CONFLICT
- TUCKER CARLSON QUESTIONS U.S SUPPORT FOR ISRAEL WAR
- RFK Jr TO RUN FOR PRESIDENT AS INDEPENDENT, DECLARING INDEPENDENCE FROM THE TWO POLITICAL PARTIES
- JAPANESE VIROLOGIST SAYS OMICRON MAY HAVE BEEN MANUFACTURED
- JAPANESE VIEW & FILIPINO BEAUTY