USTR shows concerns about Japan safeguard against beef imports
August 18, 2017
WASHINGTON- Meeting with Japanese Foreign Minister Taro Kono in Washington Thursday, US Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer voiced concerns about Japan's emergency measure to curb beef imports chiefly from the United States to protect its domestic cattle farmers.
Kono, now visiting the US capital to attend Japan-US security talks, and Lighthizer "discussed US concerns related to Japan's recent imposition of a safeguard measure that significantly increases tariffs on exports of frozen US beef," the Office of the USTR said in a press release.
On Aug. 1, the Japanese government lifted the tariff rate on frozen beef from 38.5 percent to 50 percent in response an import surge, drawing backlash from the administration of US President Donald Trump. Jiji Press
- US STATES BANNING ABORTION A VICTORY FOR CONSERVATIVE or A LOST OF WOMEN’S RIGHT
- WHO: MASS VACCINATION NOT REQUIRED FOR MONKEYPOX AT THIS TIME
- GEORGE SOROS AS UKRAINE PUPPET MASTER
- WILL MONKEYPOX BE DECLARED AS AN ‘Emergency of International Concern’ BY WHO
- WHO RUN THE WORLD? BLACKROCK?
- WAR WITH RUSSIA: US MAINSTREAM MEDIA, SELECTIVE & MISLEADING? – STEPHEN COHEN
- BILL GATES THE BIGGEST FUNDER OF WHO DR VANDAN SHIVA