4 die in Zamboanga Sibugay landslide
August 23, 2017
ZAMBOANGA CITY - Four people were buried alive while three survived in a landslide triggered by heavy rain in the province of Zamboanga Sibugay, a regional police spokesperson said Wednesday.
Chief Inspector Helen Galvez said the fatalities were: Jeffrey Lamparas; Sannylito Tuquib, 21; Danilo Balicoco, 53; and, Adrian Ledesma, 30, all residents of Purok 5, Barangay Tigbangagan, Kabasalan, Zamboanga Sibugay.
The survivors were Ernacio Catipay, Joel Longgaquit, and Joe Ledesma. .
Galvez said the landslide occurred around 5 a.m. Tuesday in Barangay Peñaranda, Kabasalan, Zamboanga Sibugay.
She said the victims, who were rubber tappers, were resting in a shack located at a hillside.
She said the victims sought shelter in a shack due to heavy rain triggered by inclement weather. DMS
- US STATES BANNING ABORTION A VICTORY FOR CONSERVATIVE or A LOST OF WOMEN’S RIGHT
- WHO: MASS VACCINATION NOT REQUIRED FOR MONKEYPOX AT THIS TIME
- GEORGE SOROS AS UKRAINE PUPPET MASTER
- WILL MONKEYPOX BE DECLARED AS AN ‘Emergency of International Concern’ BY WHO
- WHO RUN THE WORLD? BLACKROCK?
- WAR WITH RUSSIA: US MAINSTREAM MEDIA, SELECTIVE & MISLEADING? – STEPHEN COHEN
- BILL GATES THE BIGGEST FUNDER OF WHO DR VANDAN SHIVA