May 22, 2020
An alleged member of New People's Army (NPA) was killed in a clash with government troops in Camarines Sur on Friday morning.
Capt. John Paul Belleza, public affairs officer of the 9th Infantry Division, said police and military troops encountered the armed men at the vicinity of Barangay Sta. Cruz Norte, Iriga City around 5:15 am.
"Government troops encountered at least 20 armed insurgents... lasting for 15 minutes before the enemies retreated in different directions leaving one dead comrade behind. No one was harmed in the government side," he said.
Joint Task Force Bicolandia (JTFB) Commander Major Gen. Fernando Trinidad said "the personnel of 83rd IB and the PNP were able to conduct security operation due to the strong community support."
"Reports about the presence of communist terrorist in the area allegedly conducting propaganda and recruitment reached us to which we responded with urgency," he said.
Trinidad said the government continues to offer peace to the rebels.
“We encourage them to abandon the armed movement, avail of the government benefits, and enjoy peaceful productive lives together with their family within the folds of law," he said.
Belleza said during the clash the troops recovered one M653 rifle, rifle grenade, four magazines, ammunition, training kits, subversive documents, and other personal belongings. Robina Asido/DMS
- Japanese artist takes root in the Philippines; explores folk spiritual practices
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep03
- One Pen Project
- Filipinos can now learn Nihonggo and Japanese culture in Magsaysay Human Language Institute
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep02
- UPDATE: On the return of Filipinos from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China
- 30 Filipino repatriates from n-Cov-hit Wuhan City, Hubei province return home, quarantine