Alleged NPA killed, two arrested in Sultan Kudarat encounter
August 21, 2017
An alleged member of the New People’s Army was killed while two were arrested after an encounter with government troops in Sultan Kudarat Sunday morning.
Lt. Col. Harold Cabunoc, commander of the Army’s 33rd Infantry Battalion, said troops encountered around 30 rebels in the vicinity of Sitio Tamil-tamil, Laguilayan, Isulan in Sultan Kudarat around 10:30 am.
He said the troops were acting on a tip from a farmer when they encountered the armed men at a “thickly vegetated area in the Daguma Mountain Range.”
Cabunoc said the hour-long encounter resulted in the death of one alleged NPA and arrest of two others identified as certain Ben Apa and Bago Otig. A soldier, Private First Class Augusto Bejarin, was wounded.
“Blocking forces led by Capt Gleneil Ambojnon captured two suspected NPA bandits and seized a 12 gauge shot gun,” he said.
Cabunoc said the troops recovered an M16 Rifle, a hand grenade, and improvised bombs in the encounter site.
Ambojnon said the alleged NPA bandits trained minors in their encampment.
“The employment of child warriors in armed conflict is a violation of the Geneva Convention. It is also punishable under R.A. 9851, the local law that punishes IHL ( International Humanitarian Law) violations,” he said.
“Communist influence has significantly dwindled in Sultan Kudarat due to better governance and the effective delivery of social services by the local government,” said Cabunoc. Robina Asido/ DMS
- US STATES BANNING ABORTION A VICTORY FOR CONSERVATIVE or A LOST OF WOMEN’S RIGHT
- WHO: MASS VACCINATION NOT REQUIRED FOR MONKEYPOX AT THIS TIME
- GEORGE SOROS AS UKRAINE PUPPET MASTER
- WILL MONKEYPOX BE DECLARED AS AN ‘Emergency of International Concern’ BY WHO
- WHO RUN THE WORLD? BLACKROCK?
- WAR WITH RUSSIA: US MAINSTREAM MEDIA, SELECTIVE & MISLEADING? – STEPHEN COHEN
- BILL GATES THE BIGGEST FUNDER OF WHO DR VANDAN SHIVA