January 22, 2021
An alleged member of the New People's Army (NPA) was killed in a clash with the government troops in Agusan del Sur on Wednesday, a military spokesman said Friday.
2nd Lt. Cecille Tappa, civil military office of the 26th Infantry Battalion, said the troops were conducting combat operations when they encountered around 20 armed men at the vicinity of Barangay Segunda, Esperanza around 2pm.
"The 26th IB conducted focused military operations in the area as a response to the reports of some concerned citizens that members of the New People's Army (NPA) were seen roaming in the area and were planning to conduct atrocities against the government," she said.
Tappa said during the operation government forces recovered an M16 rifle with an attached M203 grenade launcher.
"Other war materials seized were four M203 ammunitions, three long magazines, subversive documents and other personal belongings," she said.
Tappa said "the fatality was an unidentified male NPA combatant and was believed to be a member of Regional Sentro de Grabidad of the North Central Mindanao Regional Committee (NCMRC)."
"His fellow wounded NPA comrades abandoned his body while withdrawing from the encounter site. The cadaver was turned over to the Municipal Police Station (MPS) of Esperanza for proper disposition," she added.
Lt. Col. Reynald Romel Goce, 26th IB commanding officer, extended his gratitude to the citizens for their cooperation. Robina Asido/DMS
- US STATES BANNING ABORTION A VICTORY FOR CONSERVATIVE or A LOST OF WOMEN’S RIGHT
- WHO: MASS VACCINATION NOT REQUIRED FOR MONKEYPOX AT THIS TIME
- GEORGE SOROS AS UKRAINE PUPPET MASTER
- WILL MONKEYPOX BE DECLARED AS AN ‘Emergency of International Concern’ BY WHO
- WHO RUN THE WORLD? BLACKROCK?
- WAR WITH RUSSIA: US MAINSTREAM MEDIA, SELECTIVE & MISLEADING? – STEPHEN COHEN
- BILL GATES THE BIGGEST FUNDER OF WHO DR VANDAN SHIVA