Armed men fired at vehicle of Maguindanao councilor
January 8, 2021
The vehicle of a municipal councilor in Maguindanao was shot at by armed men on Friday morning.
Lt. Col. Jonathan Pondanera, commanding officer of Army's 57th Infantry Battalion, said the vehicle of Sangguniang Bayan member Basit Kamid of South Upi, Maguindanao was fired upon by an armed group in Barangay Lamud, South Upi, Maguindanao around 7:30 am.
Pondanera said Kamid was unhurt after they were shot near the Lamud Elementary School.
Lt. Col. Anhouvic Atilano, spokesman of the 6th Infantry Division, said based on initial report "the security team of councilor Kamid exchanged fire with the armed lawless elements for about five minutes before the attackers of Kamid withdrew."
"Immediately the elements of PNP and Bravo Company of 57th IB proceeded to the area, secure the civilians and conducted pursuit operations against the suspects," he said.
"Based on the initial investigation conducted by the security forces in the area, the conflict was triggered by a long land conflict in the said village," he added.
Atilano said Major General Juvymax Uy, commander 6th Infantry Division and Joint Task Force Central, will be working with Maguindanao province and South Upi officials to solve the problem.
"The BARMM (Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao) government through the Ministry of Indigenous Peoples' Affairs will be meeting with concerned individuals at South Upi on January 14, 2021," Atilano said.
A Municipal Peace and Order Council Meeting will be spearheaded by Mayor Reynalbert Insular on January 14 at South Upi to ensure safety of the people and the communities, he added. Robina Asido/DMS
- US STATES BANNING ABORTION A VICTORY FOR CONSERVATIVE or A LOST OF WOMEN’S RIGHT
- WHO: MASS VACCINATION NOT REQUIRED FOR MONKEYPOX AT THIS TIME
- GEORGE SOROS AS UKRAINE PUPPET MASTER
- WILL MONKEYPOX BE DECLARED AS AN ‘Emergency of International Concern’ BY WHO
- WHO RUN THE WORLD? BLACKROCK?
- WAR WITH RUSSIA: US MAINSTREAM MEDIA, SELECTIVE & MISLEADING? – STEPHEN COHEN
- BILL GATES THE BIGGEST FUNDER OF WHO DR VANDAN SHIVA