Basilan barangay captain, three others killed in ambush
January 11, 2021
A village chief and three others were killed in an ambush in Basilan on Saturday afternoon, a military official reported late Sunday.
Lt. Gen. Corleto Vinluan, Jr., head of the Western Mindanao Command identified the village chief as Bin Saudi Sarakil of Matata, Ungkaya Pukan, Basilan.
Vinluan said Sarakil and his companions were traversing the road along Sitio Bacud, Barangay Banah, Tipo-Tipo from Lamitan City onboard a red Honda Civic car when they were fired upon by an unidentified group of armed men.
“Our troops from the 18th Infantry Battalion immediately responded to the area and went after the fleeing lawless elements,” he said.
Joint Task Force Basilan Commander Col. Domingo Gobway said the victims sustained multiple gunshot wounds on the different parts of their bodies that caused their instantaneous death.
He said government troops are pursuing the suspects.
“We are still conducting the in-depth investigation in coordination with our police counterparts from the Lamitan City and Tipo-Tipo stations to identify the perpetrators and the motive of the incident,” Gobway said. Robina Asido/DMS
- US STATES BANNING ABORTION A VICTORY FOR CONSERVATIVE or A LOST OF WOMEN’S RIGHT
- WHO: MASS VACCINATION NOT REQUIRED FOR MONKEYPOX AT THIS TIME
- GEORGE SOROS AS UKRAINE PUPPET MASTER
- WILL MONKEYPOX BE DECLARED AS AN ‘Emergency of International Concern’ BY WHO
- WHO RUN THE WORLD? BLACKROCK?
- WAR WITH RUSSIA: US MAINSTREAM MEDIA, SELECTIVE & MISLEADING? – STEPHEN COHEN
- BILL GATES THE BIGGEST FUNDER OF WHO DR VANDAN SHIVA