January 26, 2021
The Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) deployed its personnel to augment traffic enforcers in Metro Manila.
According to the PCG, thirty nine personnel were formally turned over to the Interagency Council for Traffic (IACT) on Tuesday.
The 39 PCG personnel are part of the 463 recruits who have completed the Basic Coast Guardsman Training Course of the PCG Regional Training Center in Laguindingan, Misamis Oriental in October, 2020.
The ceremony was led by IACT chief, Assistant Secretary Manuel Gonzales and PCG Deputy Commandant for Operations, Vice Admiral Leopoldo Laroya.
Gonzales said the PCG personnel will augment the IACT, Land Transportation Office (LTO), and the Philippine National Police - Highway Patrol Group on the implementing the law for the safety of motorist.
"Maybe you think ...why we have to serve as traffic enforcers? Mind you, men in uniform work in all kinds of environment. We, at the armed services, are one being. There are a lot of challenges and temptations that you will face once you are deployed, but I am confident that you will overcome them," said Gonzales.
"Before you will be deployed in our operations, we will prepare you. You will be trained and introduced to road regulations and policies. During your deployment, there are people who might offer bribes. But I tell you, stay true to the value of integrity for this is a crucial obligation of every member of the Council," he added.
The PCG said their personnel assigned in traffic enforcement will be allowed to issue tickets to violators after undergoing a seminar on RA 4136, the Land Transportation and Traffic Code. Robina Asido/DMS
- US STATES BANNING ABORTION A VICTORY FOR CONSERVATIVE or A LOST OF WOMEN’S RIGHT
- WHO: MASS VACCINATION NOT REQUIRED FOR MONKEYPOX AT THIS TIME
- GEORGE SOROS AS UKRAINE PUPPET MASTER
- WILL MONKEYPOX BE DECLARED AS AN ‘Emergency of International Concern’ BY WHO
- WHO RUN THE WORLD? BLACKROCK?
- WAR WITH RUSSIA: US MAINSTREAM MEDIA, SELECTIVE & MISLEADING? – STEPHEN COHEN
- BILL GATES THE BIGGEST FUNDER OF WHO DR VANDAN SHIVA