DA no plan to regulate yet ornamental plants
January 18, 2021
The Department of Agriculture has no plan yet to regulate the sale of ornamental plants, which has boomed in the country while most Filipinos have been advised to stay home amid the coronavirus pandemic.
In the "Laging Handa" public briefing on Monday, Agriculture Secretary William Dar urged the traders not to increase too much the prices of their plants.
"The sellers of the ornamental plants should not take advantage of the situation in this time of pandemic because almost all Filipinos want to have plants in their homes or want ornamental plants," he said.
"But we don't have plan yet to regulate (the sale of ornamental plants)," Dar added.
He asked the sellers to lower the prices of their plants, which are not imported.
Many Filipinos have become the so-called "plantitos" and plantitas" as they have been staying home most of the time since last year due to pandemic. Celerina Monte/DMS
- US STATES BANNING ABORTION A VICTORY FOR CONSERVATIVE or A LOST OF WOMEN’S RIGHT
- WHO: MASS VACCINATION NOT REQUIRED FOR MONKEYPOX AT THIS TIME
- GEORGE SOROS AS UKRAINE PUPPET MASTER
- WILL MONKEYPOX BE DECLARED AS AN ‘Emergency of International Concern’ BY WHO
- WHO RUN THE WORLD? BLACKROCK?
- WAR WITH RUSSIA: US MAINSTREAM MEDIA, SELECTIVE & MISLEADING? – STEPHEN COHEN
- BILL GATES THE BIGGEST FUNDER OF WHO DR VANDAN SHIVA