Duterte names Sandiganbayan justice to Supreme Court
August 14, 2017
President Rodrigo Duterte appointed on Monday a justice of Sandiganbayan as associate justice of the Supreme Court.
Sandiganbayan Associate Justice Alexander Gesmundo replaced Supreme Court Associate Justice Jose Catral Mendoza who retired on Aug. 13 upon reaching 70 years old.
"By virtue hereof, you may qualify and enter upon the performance of teh duties of the office, furnishing this Office of the Civil Service Commission with copies of your oath of office," Duterte said in Gesmundo's appointment paper.
Gesmundo, who chaired the Sandiganbayan’s 7th Division, is Duterte's fourth appointee at the high tribunal.
He entered the government service with the Office of the Solicitor General as trial attorney in August 1985, was recognized as Most Outstanding Solicitor in 1998, and was promoted to assistant solicitor general in August 2002. Celerina Monte/DMS
- US STATES BANNING ABORTION A VICTORY FOR CONSERVATIVE or A LOST OF WOMEN’S RIGHT
- WHO: MASS VACCINATION NOT REQUIRED FOR MONKEYPOX AT THIS TIME
- GEORGE SOROS AS UKRAINE PUPPET MASTER
- WILL MONKEYPOX BE DECLARED AS AN ‘Emergency of International Concern’ BY WHO
- WHO RUN THE WORLD? BLACKROCK?
- WAR WITH RUSSIA: US MAINSTREAM MEDIA, SELECTIVE & MISLEADING? – STEPHEN COHEN
- BILL GATES THE BIGGEST FUNDER OF WHO DR VANDAN SHIVA