June 12, 2020
Japanese Emperor Naruhito has extended his warm greetings to the Philippines on its 122nd Independence Day celebration.
Malacañang said President Rodrigo Duterte, on behalf of the Filipino people, was honored with the warm greetings.
"President Rodrigo Roa Duterte was profoundly honored to receive, in behalf of the Filipino people, the warm greetings and good wishes of His Majesty Emperor Naruhito of Japan on the occasion of the 122nd Philippines' Independence," said the Office of the President.
The Emperor's message echoes "the beautiful harmony and goodwill heralded by his ascension to the throne last year, and is deeply appreciated by the nation," it said.
Duterte, along with his daughter Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio, attended last year's ceremony of Naruhito's ascension to the throne in Tokyo.
"The Philippines values its special ties with Japan, and is committed to further advancing the bilateral Strategic Partnership, which both sides have ushered into its golden age," the OP said. Celerina Monte/DMS
- GEORGE SOROS BLASTED THE U S FOR SUPPORTING ISRAEL ON NOT WORKING WITH HAMAS
- WIKILEAKS REVELATIONS SHOW U S ‘IGNORED’ TORTURE FROM THE WAR IN IRAQ
- THE ROOTS OF THE ISRAEL PALESTINE CONFLICT
- TUCKER CARLSON QUESTIONS U.S SUPPORT FOR ISRAEL WAR
- RFK Jr TO RUN FOR PRESIDENT AS INDEPENDENT, DECLARING INDEPENDENCE FROM THE TWO POLITICAL PARTIES
- JAPANESE VIROLOGIST SAYS OMICRON MAY HAVE BEEN MANUFACTURED
- JAPANESE VIEW & FILIPINO BEAUTY