January 26, 2021
Philippine Navy representatives began their final inspection on the second missile firing frigate, the future BRP Antonio Luna, in Ulsan, South Korea on Monday.
Cdr. Benjo Negranza, Philippine Navy public affairs office director , said the final inspection began after the PN Technical Inspection and Acceptance Committee (TIAC) headed by Rear Admiral Alberto Carlos, the AFP deputy chief of staff for Logistics, J4, got three negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test results in seven mandatory quarantine days in South Korea.
Negranza said the inspection of the second frigate will be done until January 30.
"Initial reports from PN owner's representative headed by Capt Sergio Bartolome PN state that PN Frigate 2 is almost 100 percent completed and has satisfactorily passed harbor and sea trials,'' said Negranza.
Due to travel restriction and production disruption caused by COVID-19 pandemic, some training activities and ILS deliveries have been delayed. ''Hence, completion dates and delivery schedules have been adjusted," Negranza added.
Negranza said if the frigate is found compliant to Technical Specifications and Build Specifications, the PN TIAC will issue the certificate of final acceptance to Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI), as stipulated in the contract, before the team flies back to Manila on January 30. Robina Asido/DMS
- STV JAPAN EVENING NEWS | NOVEMBER 24, 2020
- KWENTONG KABABAYAN EP8: Ann Constantino Beck, JCI Philippine-New York President
- STV JAPAN EVENING NEWS | NOVEMBER 23, 2020
- STV JAPAN EVENING NEWS | NOVEMBER 21, 2020
- KWENTONG KABABAYAN EP7: Karanasan ng Isang Pinay sa Trabaho at Kultura sa Hong Kong
- STV JAPAN EVENING NEWS | NOVEMBER 20, 2020
- STV JAPAN EVENING NEWS | NOVEMBER 19, 2020