September 16, 2020
Four died as a Philippine Air Force chopper crashed in Basilan province on Wednesday.
Nixon Alonzo, Basilan Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Officer said the helicopter crashed at the vicinity of Brgy. Upper Manggas, Lantawan.
According to the Public Information Officer of Edwin Andrews Air Base, MajOR Al-Nasser Abdurakman, the helicopter, which had two pilots and two crew was enroute to Jolo, Sulu for medical evacuation mission when it crashed around 1:24 pm.
Lt. Col. Aristides Galang, Philippine Air Force spokesman confirmed that the aircraft was a S-76 Sikorsky Air Ambulance of the 505th Search and Rescue Group.
"As of now we are preparing our investigating team that will be deployed in the area. All types of aircraft like this one, the Sikorsky, will be grounded, temporarily, " he said. Robina Asido/DMS
- Japanese artist takes root in the Philippines; explores folk spiritual practices
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep03
- One Pen Project
- Filipinos can now learn Nihonggo and Japanese culture in Magsaysay Human Language Institute
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep02
- UPDATE: On the return of Filipinos from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China
- 30 Filipino repatriates from n-Cov-hit Wuhan City, Hubei province return home, quarantine