September 16, 2020
Government forces recovered high-powered firearms following a clash with alleged members of the New People's Army (NPA) in Quezon province on Tuesday.
Capt. Jayrald Ternio, public affairs chief of the 2nd Infantry Division, said police and military raided a communist terrorist hideout and encounter around 15 armed men at the vicinity of Brgy Abuyon, San Narciso.
Ternio said the personnel of 85th Infantry Battalion and San Narciso municipal police raided the hideouts in response to the reports from concerned citizens.
According to Lt. Colonel Emmanuel Cabahug, commanding officer of 85th IB, the NPAs were under a certain Joseph Delos Santos alias Ken/Bingot, a former member of the Special Partisan Unit or SPARU.
Ternio said after the 20-minute clash, government forces recovered three M16 rifles with magazines, ammunition, IED components, and other personal effects which the fleeing terrorists left.
"Joint AFP-PNP checkpoints have been established in the area to support the ongoing pursuit operations against the fleeing NPA terrorists," he said.
Ternio said all available military assets are on red alert. Robina Asido/DMS
- Japanese artist takes root in the Philippines; explores folk spiritual practices
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep03
- One Pen Project
- Filipinos can now learn Nihonggo and Japanese culture in Magsaysay Human Language Institute
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep02
- UPDATE: On the return of Filipinos from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China
- 30 Filipino repatriates from n-Cov-hit Wuhan City, Hubei province return home, quarantine