September 16, 2020
A low pressure area strengthened into a tropical storm early Wednesday as its center was spotted at 330 kilometers west northwest of Coron, Palawan, the Philippine Atmospheric Geophysical and Atmospheric Services Administration (Pagasa) said.
In its 10 am bulletin Tropical Storm "Leon" was packing maximum winds of 65 kph and gusts of up to 80 kph while moving west northwest at the speed of 15 kph.
Pagasa said while there is "no tropical cyclone wind signal is currently in effect. However, intermittent gusts due to the southwest monsoon may be experienced over Batanes, Babuyan Islands, Mimaropa and Western Visayas."
The southwest monsoon enhanced by ''Leon'' will bring moderate to heavy rains over Aurora, Palawan (including Calamian, Cuyo, and Kalayaan Islands), Mindoro provinces, and Western Visayas, said Pagasa.
Light to moderate with at times heavy rains will be experienced over eastern Cagayan, Isabela, Nueva Vizcaya, Quirino, Metro Manila, Calabarzon, Bicol Region, Mindanao, and the rest of Central Luzon, Mimaropa, and Visayas," it added.
Pagasa said ''Leon'' is expected to be at 455 km north of Kalayaan, Palawan or outside the Philippine Area of Responsibility by Thursday morning. Robina Asido/DMS
- Japanese artist takes root in the Philippines; explores folk spiritual practices
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep03
- One Pen Project
- Filipinos can now learn Nihonggo and Japanese culture in Magsaysay Human Language Institute
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep02
- UPDATE: On the return of Filipinos from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China
- 30 Filipino repatriates from n-Cov-hit Wuhan City, Hubei province return home, quarantine