Manila cop shot dead while bringing daughter to school
August 15, 2017
A Manila police officer was shot dead while riding a motorcycle with his daughter in Ermita Monday morning.
Superintendent Erwin Margarejo, spokesman of the Manila Police District, identified the victim as Police Officer 2 Mark Anthony Penano assigned at the district headquarters’ support unit.
Margarejo said based on their initial report, the incident transpired around 8 am along Ayala Avenue corner San Marcelino Street near Technological University of the Philippines.
"Penano was followed by the suspects from their residence. He was bringing his daughter to school when the suspect shot him," said Margarejo in a phone interview with Daily Manila Shimbun.
Penano was declared dead on the spot by police scene of the crime operatives while his daughter was unharmed, said Margarejo.
Margarejo said they will look at the CCTV footage in the area to identify the suspect.
He said they are doing a background check on Penano's record. Ella Dionisio/DMS
- US STATES BANNING ABORTION A VICTORY FOR CONSERVATIVE or A LOST OF WOMEN’S RIGHT
- WHO: MASS VACCINATION NOT REQUIRED FOR MONKEYPOX AT THIS TIME
- GEORGE SOROS AS UKRAINE PUPPET MASTER
- WILL MONKEYPOX BE DECLARED AS AN ‘Emergency of International Concern’ BY WHO
- WHO RUN THE WORLD? BLACKROCK?
- WAR WITH RUSSIA: US MAINSTREAM MEDIA, SELECTIVE & MISLEADING? – STEPHEN COHEN
- BILL GATES THE BIGGEST FUNDER OF WHO DR VANDAN SHIVA