May 14, 2020
The local government of Manila is set to launch an application as part of its preparation on the possible lifting of the enhance community quarantine (ECQ) in the city.
"Few days from now, we will be launching an application or we use a technology for you to be able to scan your surroundings," said Manila Mayor Francisco ''Isko Moreno'' Domagoso said on Wednesday night.
Domagoso said this is part of the city's preparation for the lifting of ECQ in Manila.
"This is one of our preparation for the post lifting of ECQ in our city, because you already know that we are making long term plan because in our personal belief, the COVID-19 will remain with us even after this month or until the cure or medicine for this has not yet developed, the coronavirus will remain part of our every day life," he said.
"Be that as it may in a few days now we will show you what have happened in our city from Feb. 26 to May 15 and we will also show you the current status of our city and what we are going to do on May 16 onwards and to the rest of the year," he added.
Domagoso said their latest data show there 25 new cases of COVID- 19 that makes the total number of confirmed cases in the city to 716.
He added that the persons under investigation or the suspected COVID-19 cases has reached 1,177 after 75 additional cases were recorded.
Domagoso said there were seven who have recovered from the virus bringing to total number of recoveries to 153. Robina Asido/DMS
- Japanese artist takes root in the Philippines; explores folk spiritual practices
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep03
- One Pen Project
- Filipinos can now learn Nihonggo and Japanese culture in Magsaysay Human Language Institute
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep02
- UPDATE: On the return of Filipinos from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China
- 30 Filipino repatriates from n-Cov-hit Wuhan City, Hubei province return home, quarantine