Military medical personnel to help in COVID-19 vaccination, DND chief says
January 26, 2021
The Armed Forces of the Philippines' medical personnel will help in the vaccination of the Filipinos, particularly those in the provinces, when the government rolls out its immunization program against coronavirus disease, Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana said.
During the televised meeting with President Rodrigo Duterte on Monday night, Lorenzana said the Department of National Defense has accepted the offer of Presidential Adviser for Entrepreneurship and Go Negosyo Founder Joey Concepcion III to train those who would administer the COVID-19 vaccination.
"We accepted their offer and their (military medical personnel) training will start, I think, next week and this will be completed before the vaccines arrive," he said.
The government is expecting the COVID-19 vaccines from Pfizer and China's Sinovac to arrive next month.
Lorenzana said the government could also utlize the four Philippine Navy ships, which have freezers with temperature ranging between -15 and -18 degrees and with total capacity of five tons.
"We can use these to transport the vaccines from Manila to the islands in the Visayas and also perhaps here in Luzon," Lorenzana said.
The Philippine Coast Guard, on the other hand, has nine vessels that have freezers and the temperature is -20 to -25 degrees with the total capacity of 526 cubic feet, the official said.
"The Armed Forces will be at the forefront in the rollout because we have lots of hospitals - Army hospitals - the area commands around the country," he added. Celerina Monte/DMS
- US STATES BANNING ABORTION A VICTORY FOR CONSERVATIVE or A LOST OF WOMEN’S RIGHT
- WHO: MASS VACCINATION NOT REQUIRED FOR MONKEYPOX AT THIS TIME
- GEORGE SOROS AS UKRAINE PUPPET MASTER
- WILL MONKEYPOX BE DECLARED AS AN ‘Emergency of International Concern’ BY WHO
- WHO RUN THE WORLD? BLACKROCK?
- WAR WITH RUSSIA: US MAINSTREAM MEDIA, SELECTIVE & MISLEADING? – STEPHEN COHEN
- BILL GATES THE BIGGEST FUNDER OF WHO DR VANDAN SHIVA