January 22, 2021
Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) Chairman Benhur Abalos on Friday said he is planning to turn the agency's quarantine facility to a national vaccination center that will help the Inter-Agency Task Force on Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) in its plan to rollout the vaccination program next month.
Abalos said the 800-square meter facility will be turned into COVID-19 vaccination center that will help expedite the distribution and administration of the vaccines once they are available.
“The MMDA quarantine facility is open for any national government agency that needs a place to efficiently roll out the anti-COVID-19 vaccination program. We are always willing to lend assistance to stop the transmission of disease at the soonest time possible so we can go back to normal again,” he said.
Abalos said the agency will assist National Capital Region (NCR) local government units on vaccine logistics and equipment for quick mobility across the region
Last May 2020, the MMDA established the isolation facility located in the agency’s headquarters in Makati to serve as a temporary holding area for its own employees who need to undergo mandatory 14-day quarantine in accordance with the Department of Health's protocols.
The facility is air-conditioned and fully equipped with shower rooms, comfort rooms and lavatories, and Wi-Fi connection. Ella Dionisio/DMS
- US STATES BANNING ABORTION A VICTORY FOR CONSERVATIVE or A LOST OF WOMEN’S RIGHT
- WHO: MASS VACCINATION NOT REQUIRED FOR MONKEYPOX AT THIS TIME
- GEORGE SOROS AS UKRAINE PUPPET MASTER
- WILL MONKEYPOX BE DECLARED AS AN ‘Emergency of International Concern’ BY WHO
- WHO RUN THE WORLD? BLACKROCK?
- WAR WITH RUSSIA: US MAINSTREAM MEDIA, SELECTIVE & MISLEADING? – STEPHEN COHEN
- BILL GATES THE BIGGEST FUNDER OF WHO DR VANDAN SHIVA