January 26, 2021
A motorist was killed while another was injured in an improvised bomb explosion in Maguindanao on Monday.
According to Joint Task Force Central the explosion occurred in the vicinity of South Upi around 6 am.
The explosion occurred near the tower of a telecommunication company in Timanan Public Market, Barangay Romongaob, South Upi.
The military and police found a person lying on the ground while the injured was taken to South Upi Hospital.
Government troops also discovered another secondary IED device left near the scene of the explosion.
Joint Task Force Central Commander Major General Juvymax Uy said based on the bomb signature the explosion was carried out by the Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Fighters (BIFF).
"We condemn the incident, we found out that the bomb was a signature made by the Daesh Inspired Group BIFF. They targeted the town's local chief executive Mayor Reynalbert Insular," he said.
"Mayor Insular would have gone through the area to go to the barangay for the settlement of a problem... but did not pursue due to the incident”, he added. Robina Asido/DMS
- STV JAPAN EVENING NEWS | NOVEMBER 24, 2020
- KWENTONG KABABAYAN EP8: Ann Constantino Beck, JCI Philippine-New York President
- STV JAPAN EVENING NEWS | NOVEMBER 23, 2020
- STV JAPAN EVENING NEWS | NOVEMBER 21, 2020
- KWENTONG KABABAYAN EP7: Karanasan ng Isang Pinay sa Trabaho at Kultura sa Hong Kong
- STV JAPAN EVENING NEWS | NOVEMBER 20, 2020
- STV JAPAN EVENING NEWS | NOVEMBER 19, 2020