June 30, 2020
The chief of the National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) on Tuesday said he advised chiefs of police to have a facility where they will be able to house a large number of arrested suspects who violated health protocols.
Police Major General Debold Sinas made the statement after at least 100 people were arrested inside a restobar last Sunday for violating social distancing.
According to one of the violators, social distancing was also not observed during their arrest.
Sinas said Makati Central Police Station cannot cater to all the arrested violators that’s why he ordered the chief of police to find a large space for them
“That’s why we slowly processed them and moved to Guadalupe Nuevo gym… so the Makati police only used their station as a sort of standby area,” he added.
“With our experience in Makati City, we advise all chief of police, in case they will have this kind of arrest or (operation on) violation of quarantine law, there is a place ready and no need to bring it to the police station,” he said.
Makati City police chief Col,.Oscar Jacildo said those who are arrested underwent inquest for violating Article 151 of the Revised Penal Code and Republic Act. 11332. Ella Dionisio/DMS
- Japanese artist takes root in the Philippines; explores folk spiritual practices
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep03
- One Pen Project
- Filipinos can now learn Nihonggo and Japanese culture in Magsaysay Human Language Institute
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep02
- UPDATE: On the return of Filipinos from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China
- 30 Filipino repatriates from n-Cov-hit Wuhan City, Hubei province return home, quarantine