January 8, 2018
At least nine alleged members of Bangsamoro Freedom Fighters (BIFF) and one soldier were killed in an encounter in Maguindanao on Saturday night, a military spokesperson said Monday,
Capt. Arvin Encinas of the 6th Infantry Division said the fir fight between the government forces and around 50 bandits happened in the vicinity of Sitio Perez Brgy Maitumaig, Datu Unsay, Maguindnao around 7:23 pm.
He said the troops of 64th Division Reconnaisance Company were conducting security operation when they have encountered the bandits under the faction of BIFF commander Kagui Karialan.
Encinas said during the firefight the military also used close air support and artillery fire mission against the enemies.
He said based on intelligence reports at least nine alleged BIFF died but troops were just able to recover five of the fatalities.
“More BIFF members are believed to have been killed and wounded as the troops continue to pursue the fleeing bandits,” he said.
Encinas added government forces also recovered four M16 rifles and three improvised explosive devices (IEDs). Robina Asido/DMS
- Japanese artist takes root in the Philippines; explores folk spiritual practices
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep03
- One Pen Project
- Filipinos can now learn Nihonggo and Japanese culture in Magsaysay Human Language Institute
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep02
- UPDATE: On the return of Filipinos from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China
- 30 Filipino repatriates from n-Cov-hit Wuhan City, Hubei province return home, quarantine