March 7, 2017
Nine guards at the Bureau of Immigration (BI) detention center in Bicutan, Taguig City were relieved following the escape from detention of two Korean fugitives early Monday.
In a statement on Tuesday, BI Commissioner Jaime Morente said he directed the sacked jail guards to explain in 72 hours why no administrative and criminal charges should be filed against them. The Koreans were identified as Park Want Yeol, 28, and Jung Jae Yul, 38. They allegedly escaped by forcibly the ceiling and rooftop of detention cell and scaling the fence surrounding the detention facility in Camp Bagong Diwa.
Morente said the incident is being investigated to determine if any guards were involved even as he ordered a massive manhunt for the escapees.
He disclosed a fact-finding body headed by Henry Tubban, BI legal officer, was formed to investigate the jailbreak.
“We also appeal to the public to give us any information on their whereabouts so they can be recaptured and immediately deported to Korea where they are wanted to stand trial for their crimes,” Morente added.
The BI has also sought the help of the Philippine National Police in hunting the fugitives.
Aside from assembling several tracker teams to hunt the duo, Morente said he also alerted immigration officers in all international airports and seaports to apprehend the Koreans if they are spotted attempting to flee the country.
In their report, the jail guards on-duty said they learned the detainees had disappeared after another Korean detainee informed them.
They said they found a blanket and a pillow the escapees left beside the fence near the main gate of the detention facility. DMS
- US STATES BANNING ABORTION A VICTORY FOR CONSERVATIVE or A LOST OF WOMEN’S RIGHT
- WHO: MASS VACCINATION NOT REQUIRED FOR MONKEYPOX AT THIS TIME
- GEORGE SOROS AS UKRAINE PUPPET MASTER
- WILL MONKEYPOX BE DECLARED AS AN ‘Emergency of International Concern’ BY WHO
- WHO RUN THE WORLD? BLACKROCK?
- WAR WITH RUSSIA: US MAINSTREAM MEDIA, SELECTIVE & MISLEADING? – STEPHEN COHEN
- BILL GATES THE BIGGEST FUNDER OF WHO DR VANDAN SHIVA