September 16, 2020
New coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases continue rising after the Department of Health (DOH) Wednesday reported 3,550 cases.
Total COVID-19 cases are at 272,934, of which 60, 344 are active. Out of the active cases, 87.7 percent are mild but critical cases reached 2.7 percent from Tuesday's 2.9 percent.
This came as Health Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire said over 50 provinces and cities have shown a rising COVID-19 cases.
"Overall, there are 53 provinces, highly urbanized cities, and indepedent component cities with percent increases in the number of cases. We are closely montoring and we are coordinating with local government units," said Vergeire.
The top 20 areas with increasing cases are Cotabato City, Saranggani, Nueva Vizcaya, South Cotabato, General Santos City, Tawi-Tawi, Dagupan City, Abra, Biliran, Puerto Princesa City, Cagayan de Oro City, La Union, Bataan, Sultan Kudarat, Butuan City, Ifugao, Aurora, Negros Occidental, Davao del Sur, and Capiz.
Vergeire said DOH noted the increasing number of clustering of cases in Calabarzon region and Bulacan
"We have identified 5 new clusters in Region 4A, and 4 new clusters in Bulacan," said Vergeire.
This means that Calabarzon has a total of 382 areas with clustering, while Bulacan has a total of 60 areas.
Clustering could be seen in communities, health facilities, jails, or workplaces.
There were 69 deaths from COVID-19, bringing total fatalities to 4,732.
Most of the new deaths were recorded in NCR with 24.
There were 524 persons who survived COVID-19, bringing the total to 207,858. DMS
- Japanese artist takes root in the Philippines; explores folk spiritual practices
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep03
- One Pen Project
- Filipinos can now learn Nihonggo and Japanese culture in Magsaysay Human Language Institute
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep02
- UPDATE: On the return of Filipinos from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China
- 30 Filipino repatriates from n-Cov-hit Wuhan City, Hubei province return home, quarantine