Palace says LGUs can adjust curfew hours for “Simbang Gabi”
November 17, 2020
Malacanang said on Tuesday that it would be up to the local government units to adjust their curfew hours for the observance of the "Simbang Gabi" tradition this coming December.
Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said that in the case of Metro Manila, a decision was reached earlier by the mayors that they would enforce shorter curfew from 12 midnight to 3am starting December 1 in anticipation of the nine-day "Simbang Gabi," which usually begins on December 16.
"Well, the Simbang Gabi in Metro Manila, the Metro Manila mayors have already changed the curfew, 12 to 3, effective December 1 for the Simbang Gabi of the Metro Manila residents," he said in a televised press briefing in Cagayan.
"So, the different local government units can also adjust their curfew times if they want their constituents to have Simbang Gabi," Roque added.
Currently, Metro Manila LGUs, except Navotas City, have been enforcing the curfew from 12 midnight to 4am. Celerina Monte/DMS
- US STATES BANNING ABORTION A VICTORY FOR CONSERVATIVE or A LOST OF WOMEN’S RIGHT
- WHO: MASS VACCINATION NOT REQUIRED FOR MONKEYPOX AT THIS TIME
- GEORGE SOROS AS UKRAINE PUPPET MASTER
- WILL MONKEYPOX BE DECLARED AS AN ‘Emergency of International Concern’ BY WHO
- WHO RUN THE WORLD? BLACKROCK?
- WAR WITH RUSSIA: US MAINSTREAM MEDIA, SELECTIVE & MISLEADING? – STEPHEN COHEN
- BILL GATES THE BIGGEST FUNDER OF WHO DR VANDAN SHIVA