Philippines respects US ban of citizens from 7 Muslim countries
January 29, 2017
The Philippines respects the policy of the United States barring refugees and citizens of seven Muslim countries, an official said on Sunday.
"In the first place, we respect the policy of the United States of America if they have prohibitions or they would be banning people from entering their country because that is their right," said Presidential Communications Office Assistant Secretary Ana Maria Paz Banaag over a state-run radio station.
She said the US issues visas to those who are qualified to enter their country.
But in the meantime, Banaag said the government is waiting for the report from the Philippine Embassy in Washington regarding the parameters of US President Donald Trump's policy.
Asked on how the government will assist local travelers who will be barred from flight to US, Banaag said they will let the Department of Foreign Affairs negotiate on the matter.
"We would respect whatever the regulations of the embassy or the US on that matter," she added.
Trump has issued an executive order closing America's borders to refugees and temporarily suspending immigration from seven Muslim countries, such as Iraq, Syria, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia and Yemen.
The US leader said he wants to ensure that his country is not admitting individuals who are the very threats of its soldiers fighting overseas. Ella Dionisio/DMS
- US STATES BANNING ABORTION A VICTORY FOR CONSERVATIVE or A LOST OF WOMEN’S RIGHT
- WHO: MASS VACCINATION NOT REQUIRED FOR MONKEYPOX AT THIS TIME
- GEORGE SOROS AS UKRAINE PUPPET MASTER
- WILL MONKEYPOX BE DECLARED AS AN ‘Emergency of International Concern’ BY WHO
- WHO RUN THE WORLD? BLACKROCK?
- WAR WITH RUSSIA: US MAINSTREAM MEDIA, SELECTIVE & MISLEADING? – STEPHEN COHEN
- BILL GATES THE BIGGEST FUNDER OF WHO DR VANDAN SHIVA