Philippines to double operations vs foreign fugitives: Aguirre
August 13, 2017
The Philippines will intensify its operations against foreign fugitives in the country, according to Justice Secretary Vitaliano Aguirre II.
Aguirre made the commitment after the justice department was given recognition by the United States’ Federal Bureau of Investigation for its service and assistance on their investigations against fugitives.
“We are thankful for the recognition of our efforts. These awards are the product of the collaborative efforts of the good men and women of the Bureau of Immigration, I am just accepting the award on their behalf,” Aguirre said in a statement.
“These awards will inspire us to double our efforts to ensure that the Philippines will not be a haven for fugitives from other countries,” he added.
The certificates were given at the Foreign Law Enforcement Community in the Philippines (FLEC-P) consultative meeting organized by the Bureau of Immigration last Aug. 7.
Aguirre was recognized by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement Homeland Security Investigations for contributing to the arrest and deportation of several US fugitives involved in human trafficking and child exploitation.
The embassy of the People’s Republic of China also awarded recognition to Aguirre for his assistance in arresting and deporting some Chinese fugitives. DMS
- US STATES BANNING ABORTION A VICTORY FOR CONSERVATIVE or A LOST OF WOMEN’S RIGHT
- WHO: MASS VACCINATION NOT REQUIRED FOR MONKEYPOX AT THIS TIME
- GEORGE SOROS AS UKRAINE PUPPET MASTER
- WILL MONKEYPOX BE DECLARED AS AN ‘Emergency of International Concern’ BY WHO
- WHO RUN THE WORLD? BLACKROCK?
- WAR WITH RUSSIA: US MAINSTREAM MEDIA, SELECTIVE & MISLEADING? – STEPHEN COHEN
- BILL GATES THE BIGGEST FUNDER OF WHO DR VANDAN SHIVA