September 16, 2020
The chief of the Philippine National Police (PNP) ordered a nationwide inspection and inventory of all motor vehicles impounded as evidence in criminal cases to prevent its unauthorized use by police personnel.
Police General Camilo Cascolan ordered the strict implementation of PNP SOP No. 2011-004 on "Revised Procedure in the Reporting and Disposition of Stolen and Recovered /Impounded Motor Vehicle”.
Cascolan instructed PNP unit commanders to conduct surprise camp lockdown to inspect unregistered, recovered, impounded and carnapped or stolen vehicles being used by PNP units and personnel.
He tapped Highway Patrol Group (HPG) and Integrity Monitoring and Enforcement Group (IMEG) to lead the nationwide crackdown.
The regional Highway Patrol Units will team-up with operatives of PNP-IMEG to supervise accounting of all motor vehicles and motorcycles impounded in police camps and stations.
“The said PNP policy strengthens the campaign that prohibits the use of unregistered, recovered, impounded; and stolen motor vehicles and motorcycles or the removal of any parts or accessories of these vehicles by unscrupulous PNP personnel,” Cascolan said.
Cascolan ordered regional police directors to conduct an inventory and of all impounded evidence vehicles in the custody of lower units down the line for inspection by the HPG-IMEG composite teams.
Cascolan warned police personnel found to be using evidence vehicles they will face stiff administrative sanctions for “infidelity in the custody of evidence”, while those with undocumented or stolen vehicles will face appropriate criminal charges.
“The PNP internal cleansing program will be put into action without fear or favor. There will be no sacred cows in this drive, whoever is involved, let the axe fall where it may,” he said. Ella Dionisio/DMS
- Japanese artist takes root in the Philippines; explores folk spiritual practices
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep03
- One Pen Project
- Filipinos can now learn Nihonggo and Japanese culture in Magsaysay Human Language Institute
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep02
- UPDATE: On the return of Filipinos from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China
- 30 Filipino repatriates from n-Cov-hit Wuhan City, Hubei province return home, quarantine