Police, military seeking to rescue two persons abducted by suspected NPAs in Masbate
January 19, 2021
The chief of the Philippine National Police (PNP) on Tuesday said a police and military operation is trying to rescue two persons abducted by suspected communist New People’s Army (NPA) in Masbate early Tuesday morning.
General Debold Sinas said around 30 reported communist rebels led by certain “Cris” and “Star” arrived at Barangay Cabas-an, Aroroy, Masbate around 4am and abducted three barangay officials.
Abducted were barangay chairman Aniano Capinig, barangay kagawad Victorino Piorado, and barangay Tanod Arnel Refanan.
The victims were tied up and brought by their captors to a hilly portion of the barangay while threatening to kill one of them every two hours.
Sinas said Capinig managed to escape and is in a safe location.
The PNP chief instructed the Bicol regional police to provide security for Capinig, a rebel surenderee.
Sinas said Piorado and Refanan are subject of rescue operations by Army's 2nd Infantry Battalion and the Provincial Mobile Force Company.
"This is a crime, and under no circumstances shall the PNP allow any violations of law and atrocities by the CPP-NPA who threaten the lives of ordinary and innocent people who could not defend themselves,” he said.
“With support and cooperation from the community, the police commit itself to bring the victims alive back to their families", Sinas added. Ella Dionisio/DMS
- US STATES BANNING ABORTION A VICTORY FOR CONSERVATIVE or A LOST OF WOMEN’S RIGHT
- WHO: MASS VACCINATION NOT REQUIRED FOR MONKEYPOX AT THIS TIME
- GEORGE SOROS AS UKRAINE PUPPET MASTER
- WILL MONKEYPOX BE DECLARED AS AN ‘Emergency of International Concern’ BY WHO
- WHO RUN THE WORLD? BLACKROCK?
- WAR WITH RUSSIA: US MAINSTREAM MEDIA, SELECTIVE & MISLEADING? – STEPHEN COHEN
- BILL GATES THE BIGGEST FUNDER OF WHO DR VANDAN SHIVA