September 16, 2020
A police staff sergeant died while a patrolman was injured after a cop accidentally fired his gun inside the District Mobile Force Battalion forward base at Malabon City on Wednesday.
Police Major General Debold Sinas, National Capital Region Police chief, has ordered an in-depth investigation on the alleged accidental firing of a certain Patrolman Mark Jim Prado inside the base around 8:45 am.
Initial investigation said Prado was having a dry-fire using his issued cal 9mm Canic pistol but as he squeezed the trigger, the bullet passed through the wooden wall, hitting the two police officers on the other side of the room.
Police Staff Sergeant Christian Pacañor, 33, was hit on the left back portion of his body. He was rushed to a hospital but was declared dead on arrival by the attending physician.
Patrolman Jhomel Blas, 26, was hit on the lower part of his head. He is undergoing treatment.
Sinas said Prado is under custody of the Malabon City Police Station while formal investigation is being undertaken by the Northern Police District.
Sinas visited Malabon Police Station and ordered to cease dry fire activities conducted within the vicinity of the quarters.
In addition, firearm safety procedures lectures and seminars will be conducted to all units and stations of NCRPO, particularly the Mobile Force Battalion to ensure no similar incident will happen.
"We are saddened by the untimely death of our colleague, PSSg Pacañor and the wounding of Pat Blas. May this serve as a wake up call to everyone to strictly observe the gun safety rules being implemented by the PNP,” said Sinas. Ella Dionisio/DMS
- Japanese artist takes root in the Philippines; explores folk spiritual practices
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep03
- One Pen Project
- Filipinos can now learn Nihonggo and Japanese culture in Magsaysay Human Language Institute
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep02
- UPDATE: On the return of Filipinos from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China
- 30 Filipino repatriates from n-Cov-hit Wuhan City, Hubei province return home, quarantine