March 10, 2017
The Philippine National Police said its stations will be on “active defense” against the New People’s Army (NPA) amid the directives of the president to use all government assets in its battle against the rebel group.
“What we will do is take an active defense at the stations and have our mobile units continue to have active support to the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) in going after terrorists and insurgent groups,” Senior Supt. Dionardo Carlos, Philippine National Police (PNP) spokesman, told reporters in Camp Crame Friday.
Carlos explained that mobile units will conduct patrols to prevent attacks against police assigned in towns and cities.
Four policemen were killed, execution-style, by alleged New People’s Army in Davao del Sur, prompting President Rodrigo Duterte to order police and the military to use all their assets to battle the NPA.
“We will prevent any attacks on our police stations but again we should not just stop in our police stations we also need to get out and response to the call of our people so we will review the camp defense plan,” Carlos said.
“We will look at the information and intelligence information if there is a plan to target police station and then our active patrolling of our mobile units so that there will be at least a second or third layer of defense on our municipality and police stations,” he added. (Robina Asido/DMS)
- US STATES BANNING ABORTION A VICTORY FOR CONSERVATIVE or A LOST OF WOMEN’S RIGHT
- WHO: MASS VACCINATION NOT REQUIRED FOR MONKEYPOX AT THIS TIME
- GEORGE SOROS AS UKRAINE PUPPET MASTER
- WILL MONKEYPOX BE DECLARED AS AN ‘Emergency of International Concern’ BY WHO
- WHO RUN THE WORLD? BLACKROCK?
- WAR WITH RUSSIA: US MAINSTREAM MEDIA, SELECTIVE & MISLEADING? – STEPHEN COHEN
- BILL GATES THE BIGGEST FUNDER OF WHO DR VANDAN SHIVA