Post-earthquake rehab in Bohol, Cebu 90 percent complete : DILG
August 22, 2017
Post-earthquake rehabilitation in the provinces of Bohol and Cebu is now 90% complete, according to the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) on Tuesday.
DILG Undersecretary for Local Government Austere Panadero said thousands of Boholanos and Cebuanos are benefiting from the 973 out of 1,076 completed projects in the two provinces through the Bohol Earthquake Assistance project.
“Now that the earthquake-damaged government facilities in Bohol and Cebu have been completed, we are confident that the delivery of basic government services to our constituents are back to normal,” said Panadero.
The BEA project has an initial funding of P2.413 billion for the repair, rehabilitation, and reconstruction of partially and totally-damaged key government facilities like municipal buildings, civic centers, bridges, barangay facilities, public markets, and water supply system.
The BEA project covers Bohol and Cebu, two of the provinces severely affected by the destructive 7.2 magnitude earthquake on October 15, 2013.
According to the DILG, recovering from the Bohol earthquake has been a long process considering the nature of infrastructure works that were done and the Build Back Better consideration to ensure that the restored key government facilities are even better than the original structures.
There are also big ticket projects costing P5 million and above which took a long time to complete especially in the restoration of totally-damaged facilities.
At present, only 103 BEA projects are yet to be completed and are on various stages of project implementation. DMS
- US STATES BANNING ABORTION A VICTORY FOR CONSERVATIVE or A LOST OF WOMEN’S RIGHT
- WHO: MASS VACCINATION NOT REQUIRED FOR MONKEYPOX AT THIS TIME
- GEORGE SOROS AS UKRAINE PUPPET MASTER
- WILL MONKEYPOX BE DECLARED AS AN ‘Emergency of International Concern’ BY WHO
- WHO RUN THE WORLD? BLACKROCK?
- WAR WITH RUSSIA: US MAINSTREAM MEDIA, SELECTIVE & MISLEADING? – STEPHEN COHEN
- BILL GATES THE BIGGEST FUNDER OF WHO DR VANDAN SHIVA