October 25, 2017
A radio broadcaster and his companion were shot dead by unidentified men in Bislig City, Surigao del Sur on Tuesday night.
Chief Superintendent Rolando Felix, Caraga region police director, said in a text message Christopher Ivan Lozada of Prime Broadcasting Network was heading home with Honey Faith Indog when an undetermined number of armed men on board a van attacked them.
The National Union of Journalists in the Philippines (NUJP), in a statement, said Lozada has received death threats.
The NUJP said Lozada was involved in the filing of charges against Bislig Mayor Librado Navarro, who last month was ordered dismissed by the Office of the Ombudsman for grave misconduct over the anomalous purchase of a hydraulic excavator worth P14,750,000 in 2012.
The Presidential Task Force on Media Security said it condemned the killing of Lozada, anchorman and general manager of Prime Broadcasting Network.
Before the incident, the task force issued a red-flag letter warning to Navarro on October 24 but Lozada was killed before the letter reached Navarro.
The task force ordered the Philippine National Police to "immediately investigate the killing and update our office of their investigation."
Lozada is the fifth media member killed under the administration of President Rodrigo Duterte and the 178th since 1986, the NUJP said. DMS
- US STATES BANNING ABORTION A VICTORY FOR CONSERVATIVE or A LOST OF WOMEN’S RIGHT
- WHO: MASS VACCINATION NOT REQUIRED FOR MONKEYPOX AT THIS TIME
- GEORGE SOROS AS UKRAINE PUPPET MASTER
- WILL MONKEYPOX BE DECLARED AS AN ‘Emergency of International Concern’ BY WHO
- WHO RUN THE WORLD? BLACKROCK?
- WAR WITH RUSSIA: US MAINSTREAM MEDIA, SELECTIVE & MISLEADING? – STEPHEN COHEN
- BILL GATES THE BIGGEST FUNDER OF WHO DR VANDAN SHIVA