Suspected member of drug distribution network arrested in Cebu
January 12, 2021
Police confiscated P5.4 million worth of narcotic pain relievers and arrested a suspect believed to be a member of a drug distribution network in an operation in Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu early Tuesday morning.
The Philippine National Police- Drug Enforcement Group (PDEG) said they conducted a buy-bust operation along Sangi Road, Barangay Pajo around 12:30 am which resulted in the arrest of a certain Dioscoro Salimbot Colo, a cargo representative.
BGen Ronald Lee, PDEG Director, said Colo was recruited in 2017 by Madelyn Baldovino, allegedly involved in a syndicate responsible for bringing illegal drug supplies in Central Visayas.
“(He) is responsible for the remittance of the proceeds from the sale of the items to Baldovino,” Lee said.
Confiscated were 21,600 ampules of Nubain which is among the list of dangerous drugs due to the danger of abuse from nalbuphine hydrochloride.
According to the Dangerous Drugs Board (DDB), there have been numerous reports of abuse of nalbuphine hydrochloride in many major cities in the country. It has been found to be the fifth most commonly encountered drug of abuse by victims seeking treatment and rehabilitation in various rehabilitation centers.
Lee said the drugs were imported from Pakistan and was forwarded to Cebu via a local forwarding company.
Colo is nunder police custody and facing charges for violation of the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act. Ella Dionisio/DMS
- US STATES BANNING ABORTION A VICTORY FOR CONSERVATIVE or A LOST OF WOMEN’S RIGHT
- WHO: MASS VACCINATION NOT REQUIRED FOR MONKEYPOX AT THIS TIME
- GEORGE SOROS AS UKRAINE PUPPET MASTER
- WILL MONKEYPOX BE DECLARED AS AN ‘Emergency of International Concern’ BY WHO
- WHO RUN THE WORLD? BLACKROCK?
- WAR WITH RUSSIA: US MAINSTREAM MEDIA, SELECTIVE & MISLEADING? – STEPHEN COHEN
- BILL GATES THE BIGGEST FUNDER OF WHO DR VANDAN SHIVA