Test results of persons with contact to Filipina with new COVID variant in Hong Kong out this week – DOH
January 12, 2021
The Department of Health said on Tuesday test results of specimens taken from individuals who have contact with a female overseas Filipino worker positive for the new strain of coronavirus disease upon her arrival in Hong Kong will come out this week.
In a televised press briefing, Health Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire said all those who had close contact with the OFW in the province and even in Metro Manila have been identified and are in quarantine.
"All of them are being monitored. We have already gotten specimens for RT-PCR at the same time for the whole genome sequencing," she said.
"So, their samples are being processed now and it is possible that tomorrow or on Thursday, the result will come out," Vergeire explained.
She noted that the OFW, who was found to be infected with the COVID-19 variant from the United Kingdom, traveled to Manila from the province before she left for Hong Kong on December 22.
So far, the government has not confirmed nor monitored a new COVID-19 strain in the country. Celerina Monte/DMS
- US STATES BANNING ABORTION A VICTORY FOR CONSERVATIVE or A LOST OF WOMEN’S RIGHT
- WHO: MASS VACCINATION NOT REQUIRED FOR MONKEYPOX AT THIS TIME
- GEORGE SOROS AS UKRAINE PUPPET MASTER
- WILL MONKEYPOX BE DECLARED AS AN ‘Emergency of International Concern’ BY WHO
- WHO RUN THE WORLD? BLACKROCK?
- WAR WITH RUSSIA: US MAINSTREAM MEDIA, SELECTIVE & MISLEADING? – STEPHEN COHEN
- BILL GATES THE BIGGEST FUNDER OF WHO DR VANDAN SHIVA