October 27, 2019
The Philippine Sports Commission congratulated weightlifter Vanessa Sarno after she bagged two gold medals and one silver during the 2019 Asian Youth and Junior Weightlifting Championship in Pyongyang, North Korea last October 25.
“Congratulations Vanessa Sarno for winning two gold and one silver medals at the 2019 Asian Youth and Junior Weightlifting Championships held in Pyongyang, North Korea. We are proud of you!” PSC said in a Facebook post.
In the 71-kilogram Women’s Youth Division, Sarno got first place after lifting a total of 209 kg, boosted by her 91 kg lift in the snatch event.
She, however, obtained the second place in clean and jerk with a lift of 118 kg.
Aside from her, two more Filipina representatives won in the event.
Chariz Macawili reaped silver and bronze medals in the 40-kg Youth Women’s Division, while Rosegie Ramos also won a bronze in the 49-kg Women’s Youth Division. Ella Dionisio/DMS
- STV JAPAN EVENING NEWS | NOVEMBER 24, 2020
- KWENTONG KABABAYAN EP8: Ann Constantino Beck, JCI Philippine-New York President
- STV JAPAN EVENING NEWS | NOVEMBER 23, 2020
- STV JAPAN EVENING NEWS | NOVEMBER 21, 2020
- KWENTONG KABABAYAN EP7: Karanasan ng Isang Pinay sa Trabaho at Kultura sa Hong Kong
- STV JAPAN EVENING NEWS | NOVEMBER 20, 2020
- STV JAPAN EVENING NEWS | NOVEMBER 19, 2020