February 14, 2020
A 71-year-old Filipino man became the third death among persons under investigation (PUIs) for showing symptoms of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), according to the Department of Health (DOH).
At a press briefing Friday, Assistant Health Secretary Rosario Vergeira said the man died from a cardiovascular attack. He is the first Filipino PUI to died.
''The patient is negative for the 2019-nCoV (2019 novel coronavirus)," said Vergeira.
He was diagnosed to have acute myocardial infraction, while also having chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
"He has co-morbidity. He was just classified as PUI because he had cough and had history of travel to Taiwan," Vergeire said.
The 1st PUI death, a 29-year old Chinese male, is a case of pneumonia in an immunocompromised patient.
The 2nd PUI death, a 57-year-old Chinese male, is a case of pneumonia in a patient with underlying restrictive lung disease.
Including the three dead, the total number of PUIs has risen to 455, the DOH said
This includes the three positive COVID-19 cases, including the lone death in the 44-year-old Chinese man, who turned out to be the second confirmed case in the Philippines.
Meanwhile, 386 PUIs have tested negative for the COVID-19; while those who have pending test results are down to 66 patients. DMS
- 「落ち着いて生活し、政府に協力して下さい」2.13ドゥテルテ大統領会見【マニラSTV・日本語放送】2020年2月13日現在のフィリピン最新ニュース EP14
- 台湾からの入国をフィリピン入管が禁止へ 【マニラ新聞TV・日本語放送】2020年2月11日現在のフィリピン最新ニュース EP12
- 2020年２月１０日現在のフィリピン最新ニュース 武漢からの比人32人海外就労者(OFW)が帰国 ニュークラークで隔離始まる【マニラ新聞TV・日本語放送】EP11
- 2020年２月９日現在のフィリピン最新ニュース 訪問米軍地位協定(VFA)破棄 武漢からの比人海外就労者(OFW)を乗せた政府チャーター便が到着 タール火山続報【マニラ新聞TV・日本語放送】EP10
- UPDATE: On the return of Filipinos from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China
- 【マニラ新聞TV日本語放送・ゲスト在比日本人美術家 山形敦子】EP09
- 30 Filipino repatriates from n-Cov-hit Wuhan City, Hubei province return home, quarantine