August 1, 2020
A woman who was an alleged New People's Army ( NPA) member was killed in a clash with government troops in Sorsogon Thursday afternoon, a military official said on late Friday night.
Capt. John Paul Belleza, public affairs officer of the 9th Infantry Division, said the clash happened in the vicinity of Barangay Daganas, Bulan town around 5:28 pm.
Belleza said elements of the 22nd Infantry Battalion and 31st Infantry Battalion were conducting security operations when they encountered around 40 men who reportedly belonged to the Komiteng Probinsya 3 of Bicol Regional Party Committee (BRPC) under Arnel Estiller, alias Mando.
Belleza said the 45-minute firefight also resulted to the recovery of war materials.
"Killed during the firefight was a female communist NPA terrorist who was left behind by her comrades alone until she died after the government troops overran their hideout," he said.
"Captured from the fleeing NPA terrorists at the encounter site were M60 machine gun, M16 rifle, anti-personnel mine, cellphone, assorted ammunitions, roll of electric wire, propaganda materials and other personal belongings," he added.
Belleza said Joint Task Force Bicolandia (JTFB) under Major Gen. Henry Robinson Jr. directed troops to continue military operations in the area and hunt the fleeing terrorists.
Robinson also extended his thanks to people who gave the information about the presence of the rebels. Robina Asido/DMS
- Japanese artist takes root in the Philippines; explores folk spiritual practices
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep03
- One Pen Project
- Filipinos can now learn Nihonggo and Japanese culture in Magsaysay Human Language Institute
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep02
- UPDATE: On the return of Filipinos from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China
- 30 Filipino repatriates from n-Cov-hit Wuhan City, Hubei province return home, quarantine